28.3.10

Minds Chest Pain Minds


Violent Minds s/t

I saw this at the record store for 2 dollars so I decided to buy it. I never really paid much attention to these guys. The first time I heard them was on their split with Never Healed and I wasnt impressed so I never made an effort to look into them. After buying the 7" though I have had a change of heart this record Is incredible super fast hardcore punk from San Francisco I remember someone saying some of the members were in some other solid bands but I dont remember.




Chest Pain Demo

I cant remember where I picked this tape up, but I am happy I did Chest pain are from Austin Texas the dude that runs Depleted Resource is in this band. Chest Pain play a style of hardcore that reminds me of bands like Lack Of Interest. No frills hardcore is what this tape delivers. The packaging for this tape is great as well, the tape case has a 2 layer image spray painted on it. I know this tape also had a limited version that looked great as well.



Weak Minds s/t

Sifting through records and I came upon this, I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't place it then it came to me, I saw it on the Am I Mean? blog. Which is one of my favorite music blogs so I bought it. When I looked these guys up they were describes as "Gulf Coast GrindViolence" I would agree with said description. With hardcore influences these dudes also play a really technical fast grind type of music. I know this band had a member that would go on to be in Insect Warfare if that tells you anything. This 7" is great every track delivers. Unfortunately this is the only thing this band came out with. I know you can get this on ebay


1 comment:

  1. hey Ryan, you've probably seen, but the extortion demo 7" is available to order online. none of that perth only crap.

    http://www.coffincutrecords.bigcartel.com/

    PS violent minds also have members from canada i think.

    ReplyDelete