15.8.09

Faithealer "Bound and Chained"


If you ever want an acurate description of this band, do not look at their Last FM profile comments. Faithealer, are from Austin, Texas featuring members of Hatred Surge, Mammoth grinder and some other bands. They play a dirty, slow at times style of metal with punk and hardcore influences. Im not getting into it beyond that. I have had this album for about 6 months and every time I cant get over how heavy it is. Incredible album released last year on Inkblot records. I also love the color of this vinyl.

AxRxMa/Final Draft "Split"

Final Draft
I have always enjoyed grind, pv, fastcore, etc… although several people say “powerviolence doesn’t exist” fuck them what do I care, what ever you want to call it. My taste in these styles of music has been on a steady increase for the past couple years. When I got a hold of this split with Final Draft from Inglewood, California my enjoyment for this type of music only increased. Released on 625 Thrash and To Live a Lie. Final Draft only does 4 of the eleven tracks on this split that’s all it took to make me a fan. It’s so pissed and dirty and although corny, I love the cocking of the shotgun sample alot. The drums are incredible they are the first thing I noticed it, with the guitar and bass going back and forth and with the dual vocals how can one go wrong. In the vein of Despise You, and several others Final Draft bring a super chaotic super fast type of hardcore that throws you around like the piece of shit they think you are.

Apathetic Ronald McDonald i.e (AxRxMx)

I originally wrote some drawn out pointless opinion of this side of the split, but I figure it was useless because Im not really into it.



2 comments:

  1. Final Draft is Brutal! Thank you for showing them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. faithealer is fucking brutal!! but then again, every band that branched off from insect warfare and hatred surge is sick.

    ReplyDelete